- Operator’s Manual – Detailed information on how to run a holiday park including a range of draft business documents.
- Free website page – All members are provided with a free website page hosted on our website, nearly 300,000.00 hits to the website in the last year. These pages can be updated at any time without charge and incorporate a client booking enquiry form enabling prospective holidaymakers to make direct contact with the park.
- Free listing on the holiday parks Chinese language website.
- Newsletters – Regular emails containing timely information on items that may affect the holiday park sector.
- Employment and Legal Advice – From the HAPNZ office and our legal advisors.
- Health and Safety Guide developed for the holiday park industry.
- Members’ Website – Members only section of the HAPNZ website. Contains a wealth of information e.g. draft employment agreements updated to incorporate new legislation, product supplier details, site contracts, downloadable documents, information on legislation.
- Relief Staff – Information on people looking for employment in the Holiday Park sector via our classified section on our web site.
- New Products – New product information from suppliers.
- HAPNZ Alerts – Email alerts advising members of bad or problem guests who have caused problems at parks. The police use this service from time to time.
- Members Mentoring – Members often work together to offer a mentoring service which is considerable benefit to new park operators.
- Industrial Assistance – Information on new regulations that impact on the holiday park sector.
- Member Benefits – Wide range of benefits as detailed in the Member Purchasing and Benefits book. These include special buying rates and policy inclusions for park insurance, prepaid phone cards for resale where you earn 20% commission.
- Aon Park Insurance
- Eftpos & credit card merchant fees. Special rates with Westpac ( via TIA )
- Special rates for rubbish bags and other products.
- TIANZ Allied Membership – HAPNZ membership includes Allied Membership of TIANZ and access to their benefits. These include many telephone, travel, and business discounts.
- Many of these benefits such as reduced credit card merchant fees, park insurance, postage and telephone discounts will add substantially to your bottom line.
- Inside Tourism – Subscription to the weekly tourism email newsletter Inside Tourism is included in your HAPNZ membership. The cost for an individual subscription is $327.75.
- The Holiday Parks Conference & Trade Exhibition
- This annual event provides members with an opportunity to listen to relevant speakers, update themselves on industry trends and to network with fellow park operators and suppliers. This conference is a major business development opportunity.
- The conference features a major trade exhibition providing members with an opportunity to see new products and discuss their individual needs with suppliers.
- HAPNZ runs North and South Island meetings during the year to keep members updated on industry news and events.
Industry Development Programmes
We promote the Holiday Accommodation Park sector. Examples include:
- Holiday Park Directory Map is printed annually and distributed to a wide selection of outlets including iSites, car rental and campervan companies, NZMCA members, outdoor retailers and information centres. 120,000 copies are distributed
- Participation in the HAPNZ Annual Business Survey which can be used available as a benchmarking and business development tool
- Access to the Love NZ branding through agreeing to conditions with HAPNZ
- Access to HAPNZ Cycle Hub accreditation programme.
- Research programmes on the holiday park sector including a visitor expenditure report
- HAPNZ website with automated booking service at a low commission rate of 10%
- Our website sent over 20,000 booking enquiries to member parks in the last year
- HAPNZ attends TRENZ annually to represent our members
- Health and Safety plan assistance
- Awards Programmes – We work with industry members, running a number of awards for holiday parks to encourage business excellence
- Training – We work with training organisations to provide relevant training programmes to the holiday park sector
- HAPNZ works with local and central government and their agencies for the benefit of its members and the Holiday Park sector. Recent examples of this include.
- Work with TIANZ and local government on the freedom camping issue.
- Numerous submissions on freedom camping to local councils.
- Working with DOC on the review of camping opportunities.
- Submissions on the Employment Relations Bill.
- Submissions on Building Code Review.
- Maintaining contact with major political parties.
- Submissions on electrical regulations and standards.
- Industry Standards
- HAPNZ works with its members to advance quality standards throughout our sector. We have recently introduced for members a set of minimum standards that are used by members as a guideline.
- We co-ordinate a consultative group to assist in the monitoring and continual development of the Qualmark assessment programme for the holiday park sector.
Some Key Facts and Figures about...
The Holiday Parks Directory Map
- 140,000 of the Holiday Parks Directory Map is printed annually
- This publication is free to the public and are distributed to all our member parks
- We have paid distribution at key places such as the Auckland and Christchurch airports, the ferry terminals in Picton and Wellington and all the major i-SITE Visitor Centres.
- We also distribute the directory map to all NZMCA members, caravan companies, Motorhome rental companies, AA Travel Centres and visitor centres nationwide.
- The HAPNZ office has approximately 60 requests a week from overseas visitors for a printed copy of the directory and map to be sent to their home country as they prepare for their holidays.
The Holiday Parks Association Website
- Each park has a webpage on our website which can be updated and changed, any time, without charge.
- We have over 25,000 unique visitors to our site each month in the peak season – and that figure is continuing to grow!!
- Each member page has a client booking enquiry form – this enables a visitor to the site to make direct contact with a park.
- There is a Members Section to the website as well. This contains so much useful information. There is a whole section dedicated to our very valued Trade Partners – tells you what they sell, what deals they offer HAPNZ members, how to contact them etc. HAPNZ has over 90 Trade Partners and they sell everything you could possibly need in the running of your Holiday Park.
- The Members Section also contains a section on Downloadable Documents – these are everything from Employment Agreements to the Camping Ground Regulations to an Annual On-site Agreement to a School Camp Booking Form and Plan to a Holiday Park Health and Safety Plan. Everything you could possibly need – and if it is not there – and you want it, let us know.